Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The wonderus mysteries of Vinegar!
Yummy. Vinegar on French fries. One of my favorite things! Not only do I love vinegar for my food, but it is a great natural ingredient that helps eliminate all kinds of scary toxic cleaners, and does other amazing things too! Here are some of my favorite tips.
1) I think everyone knows by now, that vinegar is a great glass cleaner. It rarely leaves streaks, and does an amazing job! This method is cheaper, more effective, and better for the environment than using any generic glass cleaner.
2) Vinegar is great to run through your coffee machine. It gets rid of all that gross mineral buildup and you don’t have to worry about chemicals getting into your coffee system!
3) Vinegar is also a great disinfectant. It is a great replacement for bleach or any harsh cleaning products.
4) Have pets? They have accidents too, just like children! Spraying Vinegar on pee spots (especially on carpets) and rubbing it in with a rag eliminates the yucky odor and helps get rid of the stain. Helps eliminate harsh carpet cleaners.
5) Have a stinky smell in your house/apartment/room? Fill up a bowl or glass with vinegar. Put it in a safe place (where it won’t spill) and watch it suck in the odor (the color will eventually turn from clear to yellow or brown) while giving off fresh scents of vinegar!
6) Want to avoid using wasteful SOS pads? For stubborn baked on foods/grease, soak dishes in 1/4 cup of vinegar, and hot hot water. Soak for an hour. Come back and see the grime almost lift off the dish.
7) For cleaning interiors of stoves and stove racks, use 1 cup to 1 ½ cups of vinegar mixed with hot water. This eliminates using harmful aerosols.
8) Putting a bit of vinegar in the bottom of your garbage bin can help keep pests and insects away.
9) Did you get annoying glue stuck to your hands? Wash them in a bit of vinegar. It will help the glue soften before you use soap and water.
1) Suffering from a migraine or a headache? Put some vinegar on a wash cloth and place it on your forehead. It will make you feel a lot better.
2) Feel like you have an ear infection? Swimmers Ear perhaps? Swimmers Ear is a fungal infection, and almost every type of fungus is quickly and effectively cured with vinegar. Try making a solution of 50% water and 50% vinegar. Drop it into your ear and wiggle it around. Make sure it gets all the way in. Results happen fast.
3) Do you get clogged sinuses? Boil some vinegar and place in a cup or a small bowl. The vapors will help un-block the infection due to it’s aroma.
Feel free to comment on any of these tips! Let me know if you have tried any of these techniques and how they worked for you! Also, feel free to add some more!